Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Do you like the use of glass on phones?

It's all about the aesthetic.

Although smartphone materials can vary quite a bit, the one that OEMs tend to go after more times than not is glass.

The prominent use of glass can be seen on flagships such as the Galaxy S9, OnePlus 6, and upcoming Google Pixel 3. This material (usually) allows for wireless charging to be present, but even so, results in a phone that's much more fragile compared to metal and plastic counterparts.

Our AC forum users recently shared their thoughts about glass smartphones, and these are just a few of the comments we found:

Mooncatt
07-26-2018 01:18 PM
"

It's mostly a case of form over function that the manufacturers can charge you more for.

Reply
Morty2264
07-26-2018 07:57 PM
"

My Honor 8 is a glass phone (both sides); and it was a beautiful phone and I loved it. However, my LG G3 and my Pixel 2 felt/feel just as good. It wasn't as if the glass made the phone feel any more "premium" - but I too would put cases on all of my phones; so I suppose it would be harder for me to comment on that. I just figured that the glass was an extra "benefit" but it was also an extra...

Reply
Mike Dee
07-26-2018 09:13 PM
"

Glass is the worst in my opinion but some swear it makes for a premium feel. I'm not even sure exactly what that means.

Reply
amyf27
07-29-2018 07:54 PM
"

Well, plastic feels cheap. Glass feels heavier and more durable, appears to have a nicer quality.

Reply

Now, we want to hear from you! Do you like the use of glass on phones?

Join the conversation in the forums!



from Android Central - Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers https://ift.tt/2Ow1sZk
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment